Friday, September 21, 2012

Save the date...

I mentioned in a previous post that I wanted to make this year's Buddy Walk HUGE... T-shirts ordered check..Flyers/registration printed check..save the date posted on Facebook check...

As the countdown starts for the 3rd Annual Buddy Walk I am excited to be involved in the preparations. I attended the first meeting last Wednesday, where I gave my 2 cents on what it was like to attend our first ever Buddy Walk the year before when Jesse was just 5 months old. As a volunteer I took on the tasks of helping to promote the Disability Expo and rounding up high school volunteers to help with activities like the kids Bounce House, Arts and Crafts table and snow cone machine.

The Buddy walk will take place on Saturday, October 27th at the No. Collier Regional Park here in Naples, FL.
Registration/Breakfast will begin at 9:30, Walk begins at 10:30 followed by kids activities and Disability Expo.

Would love to have you come join us! If you are not in the area or unable to attend, please consider a donation to the National Down Syndrome Society. I have created a donation page:

http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1009923&supId=350205667







No comments:

Post a Comment