Sunday, July 29, 2012

Beach Buddies





Today at the Beach:
Jesse with his friend Gabriel. We met Gabriel and his family last year in October at the Naples Buddy Walk.The Buddy Walk was developed by the National Down syndrome Society in 1995 to bring together a wide range of concerned individuals to reach out to friends, family and co-workers to promote awareness and inclusion for people with Down Syndrome and to raise funds for local and national education, awareness and advocacy programs. 
Last year, Jesse was just a few months old and the Buddy Walk was new to us. Nir, myself and the boys went alone to check it out. THIS YEAR IS DIFFERENT!  We plan to do the Buddy Walk BIG...HUUUGE CAROLINE..(for those of you that listen to the commercials here in town for the Kia dealership lol..) 
I am inviting all those that can make it to join us this year for the Buddy Walk in October at the North Collier Regional Park  on Livingston Rd. I don't have a date yet but will keep you posted. (My friend on the committee just emailed me the date is October 20th..thx Lisa) My friend Michelle and I are working on t-shirt design's for Jesse's Posse...




No comments:

Post a Comment