Sunday, July 29, 2012

Getting Healthy


growing sprouts in my greenhouse...aka bathroom...
making wheatgrass at hippocrates..

salad bar at hippocrates...


Joshua's Favorite



About 5 years ago I was diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. What i have come to learn about IBS is that it is almost 100% contributed to the SAD diet. (Standard American Diet) I looked up IBS in a nutritional healing book and it recommended to avoid meat,dairy,chocolate, sugar,caffeine,fried foods,all processed foods and wheat products...what was i going to eat? I started with fruit and vegetable salads. After months of this i decided to take a class and learn more about raw/living foods. I went to the Living Food Institute in Atlanta GA. It was there that i learned about the importance of wheatgrass and growing sprouts. After a few months I was bored with the salads I was making and went to Living Light in Fort Bragg, CA and became a raw food chef. I've been eating this way off and on..(off when i was pregnant with Jonah(4) and Jesse, during pregnancy my body craved so many different kinds of food)  The reason I am telling you about all this is because I was torn between naming this blog Jesse's Posse or Down with RAW (and incorporate Down Syndrome with Raw Food lifestyle).. I believe all things happen for a reason and I think that maybe my learning so much about health and nutrition a few years ago had a purpose. Children with Down Syndrome have many health issues some of which include Celiac Disease in which the small bowel becomes damaged from gluten and constipation due to low muscle tone. Eating a diet high in nutrient dense foods will only make Jesse healthier with a strong immune system. My husband and I took Jonah and Jesse to Hippocrates Health Institute in West Palm Beach, FL for 3 weeks in June where we drank wheatgrass, green juice and ate only salads in preparation for Jesse's surgery. Jesse has had bouts of upper respiratory congestion but since we returned from Hippocrates he has had none. He is strong and healthy and ready..


I am having technical difficulty with positioning photo's.. blogging is new to me..I will work on it this week before we leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment