Thursday, August 9, 2012

Surgery's On!



We left yesterday diaper rash free for Take 2 around 4:30. We felt like professionals, knowing this time exactly what to expect when we arrived at The Ronald McDonald House. With the whole family in tow we crossed the Sunshine Skyway Bridge, entering into St. Petersburg. Clear Blue Skies this time, again reflecting how I was feeling. Optimistic this time was the real deal.

Last night I woke up every hour,  beating the alarm clock set at 4 am. We were scheduled to arrive at 5:30. Because we had done all the pre-admin testing last week, we only needed to have blood drawn this week. I guess the ladies at the lab do not come in this early because last week was much smoother. After finally getting blood drawn we walked with him as far as we could before we had to say goodbye...









Always a happy boy! Even when they take him back for surgery...




Dr. Q  just came in to see us, Jesse is sleeping well. He is going to use a camera now to assess Jesse's heart and take mental notes of everything he needs to do. He said the surgery will be around 3 hrs and we will receive an update in about an hour. Glad I remembered to buy water proof mascara this time.




Josh and Jake cheering up Mom and Dad. They are so thoughtful. They bought our wall hanging in the gift shop themselves...


Nothing like Wi-Fi to keep the boys entertained and Mom busy taking photo's and blogging... 2 hrs to go..











Dr. Q with Nir. Surgery was a success! There were 3 holes that needed to be repaired, and closed. 2 in the upper chamber and 1 in lower. He said the way the larger upper hole was arranged, when he put them together was like G-d had planned him to fix it where the pieces fit together perfectly.





It's been a tough afternoon. I was dreading the first time I would see him after surgery. I felt weak and nauseous when i walked through the door. But the look in his eye when he saw his Mama...Everything would be ok...I have read and seen photo's on blog's preparing me for this surgery, but nothing can prepare you when it is your child looking into your eyes after surgery.

I thought he would be sedated and a sleep much of the afternoon, but he has been irritable the entire time.  It seems he is calm and about to fall asleep for 1 minute and then fussy and uneasy for 3 minutes. He has not slept or relaxed since I came in the room at 12:30,  it is now 4:00. The nurse tells me this is normal for the first 24 hrs. They have increased his pain medication and tried giving him meds to sedate him a bit.(which doesn't seem to be working) Boy, this is tough on Mom!

I will update later on hopefully with some news that he has settled down and relaxed a bit...
Thank you so much for all the thoughts and prayers that have come our way...I know they have really helped.  xoxo

He seemed much happier when i snuggled up with him, I couldn't take it any longer so I hopped in bed with him...breaking hospital rules i am sure....



If you have a weak stomach you may want to scroll down...It looks worse from the side view, I couldn't help post this photo, he looks like such an angel.....



It is 10:45. Jesse seems much more comfortable then this afternoon, fussing about every 20 min instead of every few minutes. I am happy about this. Hope we will get a little rest tonight.  :)





1 comment:

  1. Auntie Lisa loves you and is thinking of you, Jesse!!! Everything is going to go great today, and soon he'll be good as new smiling his beautiful smile. What sweet boys Jake & Josh are for trying to cheer up mom & dad. I have some pretty awesome nephews! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete