Friday, August 10, 2012

We had a good night..



Jake's love for Jesse is beyond words...




We had a good night. I was surprised after such an uncomfortable afternoon that we would be able to sleep more than a half an hour at a time. Jesse seemed to settle down and was much more comfortable. We slept about 2 hrs at a time. He went through the night with out any morphine, which is great. He is now taking just tylenol and a med (can't remember name) that just sedates him a bit. The combination of the 2 is working well. We are trying to give morphine only when he really needs it, like tomorrow when they take the chest tube out. We met with the Dr.'s, PA's and nurses today to go over all his stat's.  He is doing amazing and we could possibly leave on Monday..i think it will end up being Tuesday. It is amazing that you could come in and have Open Heart Surgery and leave 4 days or 5 days later..
Nurse Laura. She is great. I would highly recommend All Children's Hospital. Beautiful, New. Amazing Staff.


First time Jesse sat up. He did great!

Like Father...Like Son.... Watching Olympics.

First time drinking liquids.


Looking more like himself, with some style...



My friend Tracey sent me a message:
We read your blog together tonight and when Grayson saw the picture of Jesse's chest he said, "it is ok, because that scar means the doctors were able to make his heart better." " You are so sweet Grayson!

Also:
My Mom was walking Jonah from our room in ICU to the waiting room outside, while the nurses and PA removed one of Jesse's lines. As they were walking Jonah saw one of the Dr.'s and asked him. "Are you the Dr  that broke my brother's Heart??" The Dr. answered.. " I did not break his heart I fixed it," all while he was cracking up laughing...

I'll leave you with a smile on my face.... It is 3:15  :) More updates later...

Soooo happy to hold my guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment